domenica 30 gennaio 2011

From Australia with joy – thank you Nole, you made my day!

Dear diary,

It’s a great day. A very special Sunday. I love Sundays because it’s the day when our family gets together, my dad is always on the road because of his work, we are all relaxed, we eat a lot I would say and we are so happy. While I was studying away from home, especially when I was in exchange programs in Russia and Hungary, I was often missing those Sunday lunches and the warmness of home. And today, as usual, our Sunday was so happy, so joyful, so memorable. Apparently a very normal Sunday, 30th of January, 2011.

I woke up quite early, even birds know that I like sleeping until late, especially on weekends, around 9 a.m. Mum walked in my room and told me that the coffee was ready and that she prepared the fresh orange juice I like so much. “There’s a warm brioche for breakfast, your favorite, with cream.” She said. The sun was shining although it was very, very cold, and it was enough for me to smile. I was sure that the day would be simply perfect, without any clouds and hopefully with good news. The tennis match we were waiting for, between our Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray, the Australian Open final, was about to start and I just couldn’t wait. I got dressed, washed my face and brushed teeth fast, and ran to the kitchen. I had breakfast quite quickly and soon the clock was showing the time. 9:30. I turned the TV on and receiver too, put it on the first Serbian state channel which was broadcasting live the match, and sit on my favorite chair. Everything was ready, except maybe for my neighbors who wasn’t expecting my morning shouting but I don’t care. It’s not my fault that they don’t have such a great tennis player. GO, NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

It was the longest morning in these last weeks since the beginning of Australian Open but every minute was worth of living. It was great watching Murray getting angry, arguing with the line judge and his own staff. It was so joyful seeing Novak in action, winning the first, then the second set. At some point I thought that the match would last for hours, as it looked like a very nervous tennis player from Scotland, Andy Murray, was waking up and gaining some points. But, as we all know, the appearance might fool. Besides, he was not playing against some third rang tennis player, he was playing against the biggest and greatest tennis player of the world. The one and unique Novak Djokovic. The one who “destroyed” Roger Federer in the semi-finals with the great result 3:0. The same who won today, too, and with the same score. The one and only, the best Serbian sportsman ever, the winner, for the second time, of Australian Open. The one who makes me feel proud of being a Serbian citizen, currently living in Italy. Novak Nole Djokovic is his name and the world will hear speaking about him in the coming years.


Thank you Nole. You made my day and not only, you made a day of all Serbians all over the world. You are our pride and joy. Your speech today was so perfect, so emotional and I will remember this day for long time I believe. Thank you. Or better, HVALA.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...